The IAPWJ Code of Practice
Verum est honoris (Truth is honour)
Our members pledge to:
- do their utmost to maintain full confidence in the integrity and dignity of the calling of a journalist.
- report and interpret news with scrupulous honesty.
- not suppress essential facts nor distort the truth by omission or inaccurate or improper emphasis.
- respect all confidences received by them in the course of their duties.
- always observe the fraternal obligations arising from membership of the Association and not on any occasion to take unfair or improper advantage of a fellow member of the Association.
- not allow their personal interests to influence them in the discharge of their duties, nor to accept or offer any present, gift or consideration, or benefit or advantage whatsoever.
- use only fair and honest means to obtain news, pictures and documents.
- always reveal their identity as a representative of the press before obtaining any personal interview for the purpose of using it for publication.